Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Visiting friends





Visiting friends
Here I am. In the city of Paoua north of Bozoum, 130 km from here, tens of thousands of people are fleeing from rebel fighting. What was a relatively calm area has become once more an outbreak of violence. For now, there are no fleeing people towards Bozoum yet, but the tension is high.
Sunday afternoon I go to Bouar and Baoro. On early Monday morning I go to Bangui. In theory at 9.30 we have a meeting in our Carmel convent, with the FAO. But ... I’m the first reaching the meeting place, though coming from 400 km away, well before of those living here in Bangui.
Tuesday I keep busy in meeting various Government Ministries in order to prepare the Bozoum Agricultural Fair, which is now approaching (26-28 January 2018).
Wednesday morning I welcome at Bangui airport Father Davide Sollami, Enrico Massone, Paolo Silvestro together with Chiara, Ada and Anna. All of them are here to get to know the environment and give help. In the afternoon I get a phone call: the Caritas car, which I sent to the North to prepare the Fair, ended in a car accident. Thank God, there are no wounded. Unfortunately, the car, I have to say very old, companion of many missions of help to many people, will be thrown away.
In the evening we welcome to the Carmel the new bishop of Bouar, Mirek Gucva. At the end of the dinner we give him a beautiful statue of the Child Jesus of Prague as sign of protection and prayer.
Thursday morning we leave towards Bozoum together with Paolo, Chiara, Anna and Ada. Despite yet another flat tire, the driving isn’t too bad, and after 7 and a half hours we arrive in Bozoum.
I wish everyone good work!


Orti al Carmel a Bangui
Jardins potager au Carmel à Bangui

Allevamento bovino al Carmel
élévage de boeufs au Carmel



I semi delle palme da olio


La vecchia macchina della Caritas, in gennaio 2014
la vieille voiture de Caritas, en janvier 2014

Il nuovo vescovo di Bouar
le nouvel eveque de Bouar




No comments:

Post a Comment