Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Homecoming






Homecoming 

Here I am in Bozoum! 

After a month in Italy on Monday November 11 I started the road back to return to Central Africa. I woke up at 2 am and left for the airport of Turin, accompanied by my sister Marisa and my friend Paolo. 

After a long, affectionate and emotional goodbye I boarded my flight from Turin to Rome. At 6:25am we left Turin and arrived in Rome at 7:30am. From there I set off again, with a delay due to the rain, around 11:30am, and at 6:00pm Italian (or 8:00pm local time) arrived in Nairobi, Kenya. I spent the night there so that I would be able to leave on time the next day, Tuesday morning, and after another 3 hour flight, I arrived at 8:40am in Bangui. 

In Bangui I was welcomed by our community, but also a few more friends: we had some fathers who were arriving in the upcoming days from other Francophone African countries for a meeting. They were confreres from the Congo, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Cameroon and Nigeria.

Wednesday morning we left for Bouar, where we arrived in the afternoon, after 450 km and a dozen hours by road. 

Thursday morning the meeting of the fathers of Francophone Africa began, and after a greeting, I left them to finally return to Bozoum. 

I was met by the community, the sisters, children, teachers and many people. 

These days we are preparing for a great event: the closing celebration of the 40th anniversary of the diocese of Bouar, which will be held in Bozoum from the 21st to the 24th of November. It is coming up shortly, and everything must be organized to welcome the delegates of the 12 parishes of the diocese. 

Good job and welcome back home!



Arrivo e accoglienza a St.Elie (Bouar)
Arrivée et accueil à St.Elie (Bouar)
 









No comments:

Post a Comment