Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

From Nairobi to Paris, Rome, Naples, Arenzano the Hospital.

From  Nairobi to  Paris,  Rome,  Naples,  Arenzano the Hospital.

On Saturday, November 22nd, I was still in Nairobi. In the afternoon I went to see Fr. Fogliacco who came with me to visit the Cottolengo, a wonderful example of Charity! A beautiful building which shelter children, aged from 3 months to 20 years, sick with AIDS or with severe disabilities. Beautiful children who don’t  think twice to jump in your harms or to run to the Missionary  just asking for  a candy.
Around 11:00 PM I boarded the plane for Paris where I arrived after 8 hours flight.  From Paris I took the last flight for Rome where we landed at 1:00 PM.
Leaving the luggage behind, I went to St. Peter’s Basilica with Fr. David. We could enjoy the Pope Francis celebration during which were declared Saints a group of Christian figures. Among them there was Father Chavara,  the Founder of the Indian Sisters CMC (the first Indian Congregation - 1866) and a Nun of the same Congregation.  This gave us the chance to see and greet many Indian Sisters of this blessed Congregation. Some of them work with us in Arenzano (Genoa) Italy, in Germany and Tanzania. In the evening we met with the Mother Superior of the same Congregation CMC sharing  words of gratitude for the great work they carry on in Central Africa.
On Monday I went to Naples to visit a very dear friend of mine who is dying of cancer. I’m deeply touched by his clearness and peace of mind, by his questioning of the true meaning of life and by the attention and love of the people close to him. I’m asking you for a prayer for him and all the people he loves.
Back to Rome I did meet the greatly respected journalist of TV2000 Mr. Maurizio Dischino and the next day I had the chance to say hello to Carlo, the cameramen who last June with Mr. Maurizio came to Bozoum. On Tuesday, after a goodbye to my friends of Italian Caritas and TV2000, I truly enjoyed the visit to the Vatican Museums. By the evening I was back to Genoa.
On Wednesday I left for Savona. Once there I wasn’t feeling too well.....the high fever was telling me by experience that malaria was back. I asked to be taken to Cuneo. At the First Aid Center while explaining to the Emergency Room Operators my health situation (just arrived from Africa and having high fever), some of the nurses did take few steps back (Ebola factor). Soon after they found out it was malaria. They are taking good care of me. As for this very moment I’m still in the Hospital. At present I feel well hoping to leave the Hospital this Monday coming.
Welcome to Italy!!!!
P.S. I forgot to tell you that last Wednesday Fr. Mathiew and 16 other hostages were released.  Fr. Mathieu, Polish, was kidnapped on October 12 in Baboua, in our diocese of Bouar .

No comments:

Post a Comment