Total Pageviews

Monday, December 3, 2018

The Central African Republic is in mourning...





The Central African Republic is in mourning...
The past few weeks have presented us with very big internet connection issues.  Our system that works via satellite has been disrupted and the connection through our phone lines moves at a snail’s pace.
I have been on the move a lot because I still have responsibilities that I need to attend to. Friday I went to Bangui, to return to Bozoum the next day, together with Father Saverio, our Provincial Superior and with Fr. Paolo Arosio who has come to visit our missions for the first time. But when I arrived in Bossemptele, 300 km from Bangui, my car was showing signs of getting tired ... and no longer wanted to go on; the transmission broke. The confreres of Baoro came to our rescue and we continued the journey.
On Sunday we celebrated Mass on Mount Binon, overlooking Bozoum, for the feast of Christ the King.
I’m writing from Bocaranga, where I am in transit, after a visit to the missions of Bouar, Bocaranga, Ndim and Ngaoundaye. I went to Bocaranga with Pierre and his wife, who will attend school here to become catechists. The main reason I'm here is because the German Caritas helps us to support the schools in the area (65 schools and 250 teachers), with a monthly stipend of about 22.50 Euros for each teacher. The area is hard to reach, but the big problem is the presence of rebels, whom I have met along the way. Thank God they have not stopped me, but the journey is quite tense.
The past few days have been momentous, the Bishops of the CAR have made a historic decision: they have asked Christians and people of good will not to take part in the celebrations on December 1st (the National Day). The decision is serious because the Country is in mourning (in Alindao last week there were at least 72 people killed, including 2 priests) due to the constant attacks, and it doesn’t seem fair to celebrate when around 80% of the Country is under rebel control.









Ngaoundaye

I Caschi blu - MINUSCA




RIBELLI vicino a Nagoundaye
les Selekas près de Ngaoundaye




No comments:

Post a Comment