Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2022

Rural gospel

 

 

 

Rural gospel

The formation of the councilors of the various communities, and of the wives of the catechists ended on Saturday morning. The councilors left in the morning, and the women worked with Sister Biagina: all with knitting needles in hand, and a few balls of yarn arrived with the last containers (thank you, and if you have more we are always accepting donations ...!).

On Saturday, around 2 pm, I left with the wives of the catechists from the furthest villages, for a few days of pastoral work until Tuesday. We arrived in Yoro, 75 km away, at 5 pm, where  I spent the night. The accommodation was a bit sparse, but we managed.

Sunday, October 30, after a couple of hours of confessions, I celebrated Mass in the village chapel. In the afternoon we had a meeting with the councilors and catechists of a couple of villages, to take stock of the training received and, above all, to try to put them into practice. At 6 pm we viewed a film, for young and old.

Monday 31 October I went to Sinaforo. Since the rains are still here, the road is not passable by car, and I had to go on foot. It was only 7 km, and I arrived at 8.30 am. The chapel is made of mud, and is covered with old metal sheets. With the priest's arrival we had a bit of a feast in the village: we read the Gospel of Zacchaeus, and it felt as though I was seeing Jesus arriving in Jericho, 2000 years ago.

I returned to Yoro, still on foot, at 1 pm, and after a little rest I left for Bayanga Didi, bringing a couple of sick people who needed some treatment in the small dispensary. Upon arriving I saw the red light that shines next to the tabernacle, a small sign of the great presence of Jesus the Eucharist in this village.

Here too I showed a film, and in the meantime I met the catechist and the community. I spent the night here, and on Tuesday, November 1st we celebrated Mass on the feast of the Saints. Meetings and discussions followed, which focused mainly on the school: both here in Bayanga Didi (where we opened the nursery school last year), and in Yoro, where the schools are closed. The director of Yoro has not yet shown himself, and while the authorities (Inspector, sub prefect, head of the district) watch without actually seeing since the children have not been to school for some years!

I'm thinking of doing something ... Let's see!

I returned to Baoro on Tuesday evening, with a sick woman, whom I will bring to the doctor. Unfortunately to get some treatment here you have to move to where there are hospitals, which are far and few between, some tens or hundreds of kilometers away ...

I continue to follow the various construction sites, especially those of the schools  that we are doing, thanks to the support of the NGO SIRIRI.OPS.

 

 



Bayanga Didi



Sinaforo


Strada/sentiero per Sinaforo
Route/sentier pour Sinaforo



Yoro

Yoro

Disegni didattici
Fresques didactiques - Bawi

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment