Total Pageviews

Friday, November 17, 2023

Construction sites and first fruits

 

 


Construction sites and first fruits


Following the work of the new convent under construction in Bangui is quite challenging.
Last week I stayed in Bangui again, to accompany the volunteers and workers for the electrical and plumbing systems.
Enrico and Giovanni are continuing the construction of the arches, while Mario and Giovanni Vezza take care of the electrical and plumbing. Andrè is welding the railings that will protect the convent.
Saturday morning I left Bangui to spend a few days in Baoro.
On Sunday I remained in the parish, because the three new Carmelite priests; Wilfrid, Aimé and Alfred, celebrated their first Mass here. In French there is a beautiful expression: we talk about the "prémices", the first fruits of priestly life.
While in German there is a beautiful proverb, which says:
"A pair of shoes can be broken for the blessing of a new priest" (meaning; no journey is too far to receive this precious blessing)
These days here in Baoro I try to see the progress of the various projects, especially the schools.
Wednesday and tomorrow, Friday, I will be visiting the village schools. I brought some material for the teachers, for the little ones (a slate) and for the older ones.
There is still a lot of rain, but oddly enough I'm very happy that the dry season hasn't started yet!


I primi archi
les premiers arcs

Giovanni e Alessio, e la prima inferriata
Giovanni et Alessio, avec la première grille






Bayanga Bode

Samba Bougoulou

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment