Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 18, 2024

The other Fair, in Bouar

 

 

 

The other Fair, in Bouar

After almost two weeks of working in Bangui, I finally returned to Baoro last Saturday, February 10th.

In Bangui I left Marco, the plumber, who completed a good part of the plumbing systems on the first floor of the new convent.

I arrive in Baoro around 11, and in the afternoon I went to Bouar, where the Agricultural Fair, which began 14 years ago, is taking place.

Here too, there were many people, many cooperatives, and many agricultural products.

On Sunday I celebrated Mass in Zoungbe, a small village on the road to Bangui.

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, where we began the journey of Lent: 40 days to "return to the ways" of God, and convert. In the afternoon I went to Bawi, where I celebrated Mass, and placed the ashes on the local community.

Happy Lent!

 









Zoungbe

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment