Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Italy

 

Fontanelle di Boves

Italy

Here I am at the end of this short stay in Italy.

Arriving in Milan on Thursday 11 July, I was welcomed by my sister Marisa and her husband Flavio. We stopped by to say hello to some friends in the area, and continued to Turin, where we met the Carmelite nuns and the fathers. It was the first of numerous festive encounters that I experienced numerous times in these days.

On Friday I stopped by to greet the bishop of Cuneo, because the diocese decided to generously welcome one of our seminarians from Bangassou to attend the seminary here and finish his theology studies.

On Saturday 13 July, at 9pm, I was present at the procession of the feast of the Madonna del Carmine: lots of people and lots of prayer.

On Sunday I celebrated in the parish of the Immaculate Heart, where I grew up and received my First Communion and Confirmation. It's a beautiful moment of celebration, with many friends and relatives. In the memory of my parents, who prayed and celebrated here in this parish, and whom we said goodbye here for the last time, on the day of their funeral, a few years ago.

On Tuesday I begin a series of celebrations and visits to the convents of the Carmelite province. I started with the nuns and fathers of Savona, and in the evening I celebrated the solemn Mass of the feast of the Madonna del Carmelo.

On Wednesday I moved to Bocca di Magra, and on Thursday I was n Genoa, in the convent of Sant'Anna. In the afternoon I stopped by to greet the Carmelite nuns, after having stopped by to visit Monsignor Armando Gianni, bishop emeritus of Bouar.

On Friday I was in Arenzano and then in the Varazze Desert.

On Saturday I celebrated my first priestly ordination! It is a very strong moment in the life of a bishop, and I had the joy of ordaining Brother Francis, a young Carmelite who has lived in Bouar for the last year.

We leave in the afternoon for Pallavicino, a small town in the Apennines, where Enrico Massone, a historic mission volunteer, together with Elisabetta, his wife, organized a dinner for the Missions.

I returned to Cuneo around midnight, and on Sunday 21 July I celebrated Mass in the sanctuary of Fontanelle, created after the First World War to pray to Mary Queen of Peace.

Tomorrow, July 23, I will leave for Central Africa. Rich in many meetings and celebrations, with many people greeting and hugging, who continue to support me with prayer.


Cuneo



Cuneo - Cuore Immacolato

Bocca di Magra
Genova
Arenzano - Ordinazione Sacerdotale
Arenzano - Ordination sacerdotale
















No comments:

Post a Comment