Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Return to Bangassou

 


Return to Bangassou

15 August 2026

 

After my brief visit to Nigeria, I returned to Bangassou on Thursday 6 June.

On my way to the airport, I passed the house where Sister Yolande and the children from the Maman Tongoloorphanage were waiting for me: they had come to Bangui for a few daysholiday, and for them it was their first time seeing a big city!

Once I arrived in Bangassou, a few days later my computer went blind: the screen had died, and I couldnt connect it to any external monitors via the various ports. But, thanks to some friends and a great deal of divine providence, I at least managed to recover the data.

On Sunday 9 August, I went to Laanome, where I celebrated Mass in the old chapel. Its small, with a very low tin roof, and its almost as hot as… in Europe at this time of year!

Construction work on the new church is progressing well, and we hope to inaugurate it in a few weekstime.

At the moment, Im trying to tidy up a bit in the various offices, where Im coming across some very interesting documents that provide a detailed account of life in this diocese.

Today, the Feast of the Assumption, I celebrated Mass in the small shrine at Pande, 12 km away. A few hundred faithful from the parish of Tokoyo (Bangassou) and the neighbouring villages came on pilgrimage on Thursday, and will stay until tomorrow, Sunday.




I bambini in vacanza
Les enfants en vacance
Los niƱos durante las vacaciones

Lanome, la vecchia cappella
Lanome, la vieille chapelle
Lanome, la antigua capilla


Lanome, la nuova chiesa
Lanome, la nouvelle eglise
Lanome, la nueva iglesia






Pande






No comments:

Post a Comment