Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Visits


Un giocattolo artigianale!
un jouet artisanal!


Visits
Today, May 31st, we celebrated the feast of the Visitation of Mary. It is the feast that closes the month of May, traditionally dedicated to the Madonna, and remembers Mary who, immediately after the Annunciation of the Angel, left to help her cousin Elizabeth, an old woman, who also was pregnant. When they met again, John exulted for Elizabeth's womb, and Mary exulted with the singing of the Magnificat. 
This week I too moved around.  I went to visit the confreres, both near and far. Sunday afternoon I went to Baoro, where I arrived in the evening, and the next morning I left for Bangui, where I arrived around 10:30. The roads start (or in some cases continue) to get worse with the first rains arriving. 
Tuesday morning I left by plane for Cameroon. I went to visit our communities that are in Yaounde, the capital, but there are no flights between Bangui and Yaounde. I took a flight to Douala, the economic capital, and from there a bus to Yaounde. 
The Carmelites are there with 2 houses (a parish and a house of Formation). Together with the Cameroonian confreres, 2 Nigerians, 1 Congolese and 2 Italians of our Province (P.Domenico and p.Marco) they collaborate. In the convent of Nkolbisson there are young people in formation, including 2 of our Central African students. 
Wednesday was full of meetings and more meetings. Early Thursday morning I left again. At 3.30am I was in front of the bus station, but the 4am bus was canceled, and I had to wait for the 5am bus. It took more than 5 hours to travel 250km. The road was beautiful, the bus was in excellent condition, but I had to deal with the immense traffic in the city. 
I landed in Bagui in the early afternoon, where the confreres were waiting for me, with whom I spent the rest of the day and part of the following morning in a meeting with to discuss the many projects and activities in progress.










Convento dei Carmelitani a Youande
le couvent des Carmes à Yaounde




No comments:

Post a Comment