Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Ready, set and go

 

Ready, set and go

After a few weeks of silence, I am returning to my blog.

From July 20th to the 25th I participated in the Provincial Chapter of the Discalced Carmelite Fathers of the Province of Genoa (which brings together 7 convents in Italy - Loano, Varazze Desert, Savona, Arenzano, Genoa S. Anna and Bocca di Magra-, 2 in the Czech Republic -Prague and Slany- and 5 in the Central African Republic -Bozoum, Baoro, Bouar Yolé and Bouar St. Elie and Carmel in Bangui).

Every 3 years, for 2 weeks, about twenty Carmelite fathers,who are representatives of each community, meet to elect the new Provincial Superior and his Council and to listen and reflect on the journey taken and on what must be undertaken by the whole Province. .

It is a beautiful moment of fraternity and prayer. The Chapter re-elected Father Saverio Gavotto as Provincial Superior. The new Council is made up of Fathers Roberto Nava, Michele Goegan, Paolo Galbiati and Marco Chiesa.

After the Chapter I was able to reach Cuneo. My mom is 93, and it was nice to be with her and my family for a while.

I didn't travel around a lot, but I could see the problems caused by the virus: there is a lot of uncertainty and concern for the future. There is also a lot of generosity and listening, despite everything.

I also had the opportunity to see beautiful places. Places created by God, and shaped by men and women for hundreds of years. They managed to create beauty and harmony, despite everything. We hope and pray that, despite everything, we too can bring something beautiful to this world.

On Tuesday August 11th I will be leaving for Central Africa.






Battistero - Cattedrale di Savona



Belvedere di La Morra (Langhe)


Cappella Le Brunate  - La Morra CN



 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment