Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 30, 2020

The orchids are back on schedule!

The orchids are back on schedule!

When I returned to Bozoum on 12 August, I immediately looked for the orchids among the mangoes.

Every year, in August, they bloom on time. The branches of the mangoes (and who knows why only mangoes? And who knows why almost only here at the Bozoum Mission?) light up with beautiful streaks of white stars.

We are still in the middle of the rainy season, and the streets often remind me of this, filling up with puddles of mud.

On Wednesday morning, after finishing my quarantine, because I came back returning from Italy, I left for Yaloke, 170 km from Bozoum. Here, at the Gendarmerie, I had to retrieve the car documents and the accident report. I continued to Baoro, where I stopped in our community, and in the afternoon I arrived in Bouar, where I also spent the following day in meetings for Caritas, but above all to meet the confreres and organize the various deadlines for our young people in formation.

Thursday evening I left for Bozoum, in the rain. But the orchids are waiting for me.









 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment