Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Contemplating Life

 

 

Contemplating Life

Maybe this is because basically, I'm very curious.

Perhaps it is because the scenery is always so beautiful that it seems natural to me to applaud.

Perhaps it is because beauty, smiles, flowers, sunrises and sunsets all require a very little to see.

For a multitude of reasons, I often find myself in awe and amazement at how much beauty is scattered in life, in nature, on the faces and gestures of so many people.

The photos that accompany the blog are nothing more than a glimpse, hopefully positive, on this part of the world.

Usually it's the photos that accompany the blog. But more often than not, it is the text that tries to accompany the photos and the beauty that I find scattered here in Central Africa (and elsewhere).

 

I have resumed my pastoral work in the villages. It's nice to see each other again, but it's also nice to feel heartfelt welcomes by the people.

Saturday afternoon I celebrated in Zoungbe, a small village, where the chapel is still a thatched roof.

On Sunday, however, I was in Dobere, where there is a beautiful church.

They gave me a nice surprise: at the moment of the offertory, during Mass, I saw that they had a double procession. At the end of the celebration, the catechist approached and handed me a small package: inside there were some coins "in memory and suffrage of your mother"! They wanted to collect something to testify, in a concrete way, their closeness to the moment of my mother's death.

It was a small gesture, but it was full of affection, love, gratitude, and a thousand other things. Thank you!


La "Cappella" a Zoungbe
La "chapelle" de Zoungbe



Dobere



I bambini del nostro asilo "Il Germoglio" a Baoro



Convoglio di camion, direzione Bangui
Le convoi des camions, direction Bangui


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment