Total Pageviews

Friday, January 21, 2022

Positive

 


 

Positive

Covid is also present in Central Africa, of course. Thank God, there are few cases (only 13,319 confirmed cases, from February 2020 to date, and 108 deaths). Even there there aren't many there are still some.

The past few days I wasn't feeling great, but I thought it was just the usual bout of malaria.  On Monday, January 10th, I discovered, with a quick swab, that I was Covid positive. So: isolation and rest ensued.  Thank God it wasn't a very severe case, and in a week I was able to resume my regular activity and on Monday January 17th I tested negative.

During my quarantine I was able to review some commitments that I had coming up, in particular the Bozoum Fair. We had it scheduled for January 21-23, and we moved it to January 28-30 this month.

Early Tuesday morning I left for Bangui, for the weekly meeting with the construction company carrying out the work on the new convent.

The works are progressing quickly, and probably within a couple of weeks the ground floor walls will be ready.

Today, Thursday the 20th, I returned to Baoro, stopping along the way to visit some of our schools.




Cantiere del nuovo convento di Bangui
Le chantier du nouveau couvent de Bangui



Dobere




No comments:

Post a Comment