Total Pageviews

Friday, May 6, 2022

Lights and shadows

 

 

 

 

 


 

Lights and shadows

After Easter it is a very busy time for pastoral work. In a few days the bishop is arriving to celebrate Confirmations, and then we will start celebrating Baptisms and First Communions in each village.

Saturday morning, April 30th, I left early for Yoro, where I arrive at around 9 am. Boys, girls and adults gathered here to prepare for Confirmation from the villages of Yoro, Sinaforo, Igwe and Bayanga Didi.  It was also time for the exams: one by one, we spoke with them to see if they were more or less ready for this sacrament, which is that of "Christian maturity".

We finished around 3 pm, and I went to the nearby village of Bayanga Didi, as well as to see the bridge that we repaired.

I spent the night in Yoro, and on Sunday morning, around 7:15 am, I left for Igwe, less than 20 km away. But I only got there after 9: the road was actually a path in the forest.  We did find some fallen trees. A couple I managed to get around, but the last one forced me to take out the ax (which I always keep in the car) and cut it. Luckily a motorbike passed by, and they were able to give me a hand!

In Igwe, the smallest village, I did the exams, and at the end, we had a storm arrive! We waited for the rain to stop, and I celebrated Mass in the chapel, trying to prepare the altar by placing things where it was not that wet!

I returned to Baoro in the afternoon, and on Monday morning left for Bangui.

The road ,as always, was bad, especially between here and Bossembele (about 240 km). The so-called works are not progressing, and the little that has been done is very poor. In the worst part (from Bossemptele up to 15 km after Yaloke - about 80 km) it took almost 2 hours.

In Bangui I passed by to see the works of the new convent, which are moving along, albeit a little slowly.

The country is heading towards a very difficult period: the supplies of many things, which come mostly from neighboring Cameroon, are almost blocked. Furthermore, due to the world situation and the presence of Russian mercenaries, the international community has cut off a large part of the funding (which also serves to pay teachers, nurses and state officials).

The result? An increase in the prices of cement, iron, fuel, flour, oil ... And fuel shortages: I wanted to fill up the car, but it is practically impossible: the few stations that still have fuel see hundreds of motorcycles and dozens of buses and cars pass through.

The situation is worrying, and I fear it will last for many months.

 

 


Bayanga Didi

 

 

Strade...
Routes...

 

 

Igwe

 






Asfaltatura... a dosi omeopatiche
Goudron... oméopathique

In coda per il carburante
En attendant le carburant

Il cantiere di Bangui
Le chantier à Bangui










 

No comments:

Post a Comment