Total Pageviews

Friday, September 25, 2020

Photos and more

 

 

Photos and more

Last week I stayed in Bangui, busy with various meetings and projects.

Sunday morning I went to the award ceremony for a photo contest, the Festiphoto de Fatima.

The parish of Fatima, in Bangui, is located right on the border between two worlds: the most Muslim and the most Christian (even if the borders are not clear, and there are people who live indifferently on one side or the other). Due to this situation, the parish itself has been the scene of attacks and violence in recent years. It is for this very reason the parish community tries to get children, young people and adults involved in the construction of a more peaceful and serene world.

Father Moses, the parish priest, contacted me months ago to tell me about the issues and the struggle for the protection of the environment here in Bozoum. This is why I was invited as the "godfather" of the award ceremony. The theme of the photo contest was: "Central Africa, human and environmental wonders" (here is their site with the winning photos: http://ndfbanguifilmcentre.com/home.html#).

I met many of my alumni among the organizers, and I am very proud of the work they accomplished. It was nice to see that the work of so many years is beginning to bear some fruit!

The winner of the 1st prize was Molenguela Rodrigue, a young photographer from Bangui, with a beautiful black and white photo. The other photos on display were also very beautiful and meaningful.

I returned to Bozoum on Monday, and on Tuesday about a hundred pupils began the examination of the BC (Brevet des Collèges), which allows pupils to start high school.

Upon returning to Bozoum, I received good news: many people and friends have taken steps to help us buy a new car, after the accident last month. We already received over half of the necessary funds.

A big thank you to everyone, there are many of you! For some I have names, others I don't. I begin my thanks by starting with; Silvano, Eva, Maria, Roberta, Regina, Paola, Lorenzo, Guido, Roberto, Maria, Antonio, Maria Luisa, Bruno, Angela, Maria Elena, Patrizia, Ilaria, Anna Maria, Roberto, Rosanna, Marcella, Paz Vidal, Maurizio, Elisabetta, Maria, Francesco, Blanca, Ignacio, Vicente Alberto, Alejo, Franco, Maria, Carlos, Lourdes, Cristina, Bertran, Ugo, Tiziana, Giuseppe, Parish of San Maurizio martyr, Mauro, Roberto, Giovanni, Giovanni, Ornella, Cristina, Maria Grazia, Ferdinando, Sarah, Francesco, Silvana, Gianfranca, Laura, Angelo, Giannina, Maurizio, Elisabetta, Maria, Anna.

Thank you!

Il Primo premio
le Lauréat du Festiphoto 2020

 










Esami esami
Examens de BC




 

No comments:

Post a Comment