Total Pageviews

Friday, October 9, 2020

Fuma ch'anduma (Let's go!)

 


Fuma ch'anduma (Let's go!)

Some small news, and then the biggest news, which many have already received by email, or read on Facebook, or elsewhere.

Small news:

In these upcoming days, the final exams are taking place. The students from St. Augustin High School are also involved. The tests are all written, and the evaluations will be made in the capital. In 3 or 4 weeks the results will be announced on National Radio.

On Tuesday I went to Bouar and Baoro. In Bouar we had a meeting with the bishop, together with other priests of the diocese. I went to Baoro because… it is going to be my permanent new home in a few weeks, so there it is!

Big News:

Seventeen years.

I have been in Bozoum for seventeen years: parish priest, but not only.

And in the next few weeks, I will be leaving Bozoum for Baoro, another Mission, about 180 km from here.

This is what the superiors have asked of me, and I gladly obey, even if it is not easy for me.

Willingly, because I rely more on Him than on myself: God is not wrong, and putting oneself in his hands is one of the most intelligent and exciting things a person can do.

Gladly, because staying too long in one place runs the risk of making you lazy, turning off your imagination and surrendering to routine.

Gladly, because it is a new experience: I will work in the villages and small Christian communities, in the schools of these villages, and in every place where I can be of service.

It's not easy, because they've been 17 nice years, even if, at times, difficult. The parish of Bozoum is a demanding community, over time, so many realities have grown that the locals, and so many friends around the world, have made it possible to dream, and to see those dreams become reality.

It's not easy, because I'm going to miss Bozoum.

It is not easy, because of the relationships formed with so many people, children, young people and adults. And it will be hard to say goodbye.

It is not easy, because many have come to know Bozoum and Fr Aurelio as if they were one and the same...

I have great faith in the one who will replace me as parish priest, and slowly the community, together with the people of Bozoum, and with the help and support of your prayers , will continue in what we have started.

Bozoum does not end with the departure of Fr Aurelio! Not at all!

However, I will continue to lend a hand, to follow some projects (in the first place the Agricultural Fair) and other initiatives.

But it's right, it's good, it's nice to turn the page and write another one. Indeed, others!

And then: fuma ch'anduma (as we say in Piedmontese). Let's go!

And a prayer for me, and especially for Bozoum!

 

THE PHOTO OF THE CHILD WITH THE ROOSTER REMINDS ME OF A GOOD MOMENT IN 2017:
50 km for a chicken!
One Sunday afternoon (August 2017), as I entered the parish office, a child approached, encouraged by his mother. He was between 2 and 3 years old, and walked proudly with a chicken in his hand (which was almost bigger than him!). I didn't understand if she wanted to sell it, or what she wanted to do with it, and then his mother intervened and explained to me. She told me that the child had been wanting to see Fr Aurelio for months, and that he had even begun to throw tantrums if they didn't bring him! Then she saw an opportunity with Father Noberto, who had been in the village (50 km away) to celebrate Mass, and asked for a ride from him to finally take him to Bozoum! Chicken? It's a small sign, but a great gift! I am touched!

PS: I will be moving to Baoro in November, so there is still time!

P.S.2: A heartfelt thanks for the avalanche of affection, messages and prayers that I have received these past few days. God is good!

P.S.3: I plan, if possible, to keep writing the blog ...
I nostri candidati alla Maturità
Nos candidats au BAC




Baoro



Baoro


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment