Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 28, 2021

It rains!


 

It rains!

The month of August, here in Central Africa, is the wettest, along with September.

Large thunderstorms, often lasting all night, or for half a day.

The roads, which are already quite bad, somehow still manage to get worse, and sometimes it becomes impossible to get around.

Last Saturday I had planned to go to Bayanga Didi, for 2 days of pastoral work. It is almost 90 km of road, and after some very long torrential rains, I had to give up my journey and change my plans.

So on Sunday I went to Bawi, a village 38 km away, with a paved road.

During the rest of the week, we finished the work in the chapel of Pate Bonambolo. After changing the wood of the roof, we are now whitewashing, and some artists are decorating the bottom of the presbytery with a fresco that will depict the Annunciation of the angel to Mary.

It's raining, but we still work!



Bawi


Pate Bonambolo



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment