Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2022

A little calm without choice!

 

Strade e incidenti
Routes et accidents

A little calm without choice! 


The construction of the new Bangui convent kept me busy until Friday. Before the construction company doing the work (Leprevost) of the floor between the ground floor and the first floor, we needed to lay down the plastic sheaths for the electrical wires (for the lamps and switches). 

Saturday morning I left at the usual time (5am). The trip ran normally. But the state of the road, especially with the heavy rains, continued to worsen, and I met numerous overturned trucks.

I arrived in Baoro shortly after 11, but in the early afternoon I left for Balembe, 50 km away, where I had planned the celebration of Mass for some time. It was a small village where the Christian community prays in a thatched chapel. Since it is August 6, the feast of the Transfiguration of Jesus, where before going to Jerusalem, the place where he will be condemned, and incur the Passion and death, Jesus wants his closest friends (Peter, James and John) to be able to see his Glory. So here too, today, in Balembe, we see His Glory! 

Sunday morning I left for Zoungbe, another small village, 40 km away. Today some children entered the various stages of the journey of the catechumenate. The catechist's son also received his First Communion.

I immediately returned to Baoro, also because I didn’t feel very well. Between fatigue, malaria and various viruses, I have been forced to slow down for a few days. 

Wednesday 10 August finally arrived the day of the driving school exams. The pupils of our Mechanics school take these exams very seriously (both theory and practice) and overcome them without too much difficulty.


Messa a Zoungbe
Messe à Zoungbe

Esame di scuola guida
Les examens pour le permis de conduire


No comments:

Post a Comment