Total Pageviews

Monday, November 8, 2021

Away from everything, but God is nea

 

 


 


Away from everything, but God is near

Returning Thursday from Bangui, on Friday 29 October I left for the most distant villages, more than 80 km away, where I stopped for 4 days, until Monday.

It is an area with few streets and very shabby. A few days earlier a group of rebels had frightened the people, stealing and plundering what they could. Thank God, when I went there, I did not meet them- But the fear of the people is so great that on Saturday, walking back from the village of Sinaforo, I saw, from a distance, 2 people with a sack on their heads. After a few seconds, they disappeared! Moving along I saw the sack thrown on the ground, abandoned by the two, then I heard them fleeing into the savannah, not far away. I tried to reassure them, saying that we are neither rebels nor military ...

Friday afternoon I arrived in Yoro, a fairly large village. Here I spent the first 2 nights. Saturday was dedicated to the village of Sinaforo, 7 km away. The road was rather a path, and with the rains it became impassable by car. Upon arrival I found the children who welcomed me: it is a party when someone arrives. Even if they are far from everything, God does not abandon any of his children!

I returned to Yoro in the early afternoon, and I dedicated the time to discussing the choice of the catechist with the Christian community. At 6 pm I showed a film, especially for children.

Sunday I celebrated in Yoro, with a good number of Christians. In the afternoon I went to Bayanga Didi, 5 km away. Here too the road is in ruins, and many times I thank those who invented double bridges and reductions, which allow cars to overcome the most difficult points.

Here we are well under way for kindergarten. The teacher has been in Baoro for a few weeks, for a period of study and training. The parents have cleaned the area that we want to dedicate to the children, and by this month of November I hope and expect to start the activities.

Monday morning was the great feast of All Saints: a good rain blessed the village (and slowed down the arrival of the people a little). And after almost 3 hours of confessions, around 11.30 am I began the celebration of Mass, in which I had the joy of baptizing 4 babies: Roxilia, Augustin, Laurent and Channelle.

I left around 2 pm, taking a sick girl with me, with her father and her mother: she had not been well for months, and it was the only opportunity to be able to show her to a doctor.

We arrived in Baoro just before 5pm, finally!




Imprevisti della strada
Les imprévus de la route




Sinaforo


Yoro

Yoro


Fratello e sorella
Frère et Soeur

Battesimi a Bayanga Didi
Les baptèmes à Bayanga Didi





No comments:

Post a Comment