Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Villages, schools and catechists

 

 


Villages, schools and catechists

Saturday and Sunday were in the villages, as usual.

After the malaria bout last Sunday, I resumed my visits, trying to get everywhere.

Saturday afternoon I was in Zoungbe, a small village on the paved road. The catechist of this community, Raymond, was preparing to leave for the school of catechists in Bocaranga (230 km from Baoro). He left with all his family (including some hens), and will remain there for 6/7 months, until the beginning of May. He and his wife will live an experience of formation, and community life with 17 other families, coming from all over the diocese. For him, Raymond, there will be courses in the Bible, Sacraments, Liturgy, Community Direction, while Estella, his wife, will follow complementary courses. Raymond will be able to learn a trade (carpenter or tailor), and Estella will follow courses on childcare, hygiene, family economy (which will be useful, as well as for her, also to give a hand to the women of the village, upon her return).

On Sunday I celebrated Mass in Dobere, with many people.

Wednesday I finally went to Bayanga Didi, for the opening of the Kindergarten class. I took Marie, the teacher, with me: she has been here in Baoro for more than a month, for a small internship.

The road, as always, is bad, but I still managed (a lot anyway!) to get there, even if it took me almost 3 hours to cover the 85 km that separates Baoro from Bayanga Didi.

I took this opportunity to quickly visit our 3 schools on that street, and to give each one a ball (impossible to describe the joy and the cries of the children!).

In Bayanga Didi the parents have prepared a shed, which will host the kindergarten children outdoors, and I have brought games and materials for educational activities.

On my return I stopped in the neighboring village, Yoro, because the pump in their well had broken down several months ago. We took it out of the well, and tried to fix it, but after 3 attempts we gave up. It was 3 hours that we were there, and we still had a long way to go home. So I took it down and took it to Baoro.

This morning, at 6 am, I left for Bouar, with the car loaded with about twenty people: 3 mothers, and a bunch of children. They are the families of the catechists of the Baoro area, who will leave today for Bocaranga.

Have a good trip and good work!



Zoungbe

Dobere

Il dono di un pallone
le don d'un balon

Strada
Route...

I bambini della scuola materna di Bayanga Didi
Les enfants de l'école maternelle de Bayanga Didi



Bayanga Didi: la tettoia per l'asilo
Bayanga Didi, l'hangar pour l'école maternelle



Yoro - lavori sulla pompa
Yoro - le travail sur la pompe


Bouar - Partenza dei catechisti verso Bocaranga
Bouar - Départ des catéchistes vers Bocaranga



No comments:

Post a Comment