Total Pageviews

Monday, October 2, 2023

Contingencies and probabilities

 



Contingencies and probabilities

Last Friday I left for the more distant villages (Yoro and Bayanga Didi).

There were 80 km of very damaged roads, including potholes, sand, and fallen trees.

A brother of mine, Fr Anastasio, when he comes to Central Africa is happy if he encounters some adventure, so he can write about something exciting! Me, not so much.

Here we had a fallen tree, between Yoro and Bayanga Didi, blocking the road. I tried to pass, but then the back of the car slid, and the trunk of a tree broke a window of the car.

I continued, and a little further down the road I was forced  to choose between mud and a pothole, the left wheels slipped and I got stuck. Luckily, a little further on there was a catechist and the people of the village, by digging with shovels and working with the 4-wheel drive I managed, after half an hour, to move the car.

In Bayanga Didi I fixed two gates to prevent the goats from climbing onto the veranda of the nursery school. Enrollments are increasing, albeit somewhat slowly, both here and for the primary schools in the village and in Yoro. But there is the desire to learn, and we will be able to teach again this year.

After celebrating Mass I returned to Yoro, and after a meeting, I left for Baoro, where I returned in the evening, without any further adventures.

On Saturday afternoon I went to celebrate Mass in Balembe, a small village 45 km from Baoro, on the asphalt road. But… there were only 4 people!

On Sunday instead I went to the next village, Dobere. The chapel here was full: more than 200 people, and we celebrated a beautiful Eucharist.


La missione di Baoro
La Mission de Baoro

Yoro









Dobere





No comments:

Post a Comment